Pikesville Garden Club, Inc
1222 Glenback Avenue
Pikesville, MD 21208
Join us on Facebook:
Announcing the 2013 PGC Schedule:
All meetings unless otherwise noted will be held at 8 Church Lane, Conference Room, Pikesville
- Jan 21, Mon @ 7pm - Master Gardener Barbara Lingg will present An Introduction to Vegetable Gardening, from The Master Gardener Grow It Eat It Program. Please join us for a great introduction to growing your first veggies. Light food & drink served. Members FREE, Non-Members $5, or join at the Meeting!
- Feb 18, Mon @ 7pm - Garden Talk Meeting, Master Gardener Larry Kloze will discuss seed starting tips & tricks, and getting ready for Spring! Light food & drink served. Members FREE, Non-Members $5, or join at the Meeting!
- Mar 1, Fri - Federated Garden Clubs of MD Annual Meeting
- Apr 15, Mon @ 7pm - Workshop with Carrie Engel @ Valley View Farms
- May 4, Sat @ 10a-2pm - Shops at Kenilworth "Celebrate Spring at the 40th Annual May Fair" join us at our table!
- May TBA - Trip to Chanticleer Garden, Wayne PA
- June 22, Sat - Garden Tour of 3 Member Gardens
June 9, Sun - Pikesville Festival
- July TBA - Nursery Tour, Workshop & Lunch on the Water @ Marshy Point Nursery, Middle River
- Sep 23, Sun - Quarry Lake Festival
- Sep TBA - Trip to Sunflower Fields (with Wine) @ Clear Meadow Farm, White Hall
- Oct 21, Mon @ 7pm - Garden Talk Meeting, Speaker Sue Sellers will discuss Bulbs for the Fall and Spring
PGC Garden Talk Series presents Master Gardener Norman Cohen
Putting Your Garden to Bed :: Identifying Common Weeds :: with Q&A
Tuesday, October 16, 2012 @ 7pm | Beth El Congregation - Board Room
Free for Club Members; $5 for Non-Members (or join for $20 at the meeting!)
Refreshments will be served
The first 12 people to join will receive (more gifts for additional members):
‣ WILLIAMSON'S NURSERY: a FREE one gallon perennial plant
‣ MEYER SEED CO: a FREE assortment of seed packets, plant bulbs & catalog
‣ HOME DEPOT: a FREE reusable bag, Fiskar's pruner, garden gloves & velcro plant fastener roll
‣ PLOW & HEARTH: a FREE mosquito wrist band, heavy duty hand cream, garden stake, and seed packets
‣ EDRICH LUMBER: a FREE supply of spring mulch
...and more soon to be announced! JOIN TODAY!
The MISSION of Pikesville Garden Club, Inc ("PGC") is to promote gardening and horticultural arts amongst its members and to the greater community through education, projects, and action in the areas of horticulture, wildlife, conservation, sustainability, and civic improvements.
HISTORY - The original Pikesville Garden Club was founded in 1934 and became a member of the Federated Gardens Clubs of Maryland a year later. It thrived for many years until it ceased operating in 2008. The new PGC organization is a Maryland non profit corporation which will once again become a member of the Federated Garden Clubs of Maryland and share its Group 501(c)(3) Tax Exemption.
$35 in 2013